Wednesday 3 October 2012

Touch of Sharadia



                                                                        Touch of Sharadia


Hi friends!! After a long time I m here to write again…I guess more than a month…Really feeling bad as couldn’t post anything…Too much work pressure that too long 9-10 hrs dealing with computer …and after that really don’t feel like sitting again in front of PC… Anyways… It’s October month and the month of festivals..Just love it...And for a Bengali Citizen the most thrilling and exciting is to celebrate Durga Puja in Grand way…Though this time Puja timing is quite late still it’s not much far from now… Just few days and then YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPY….Time to say “Subho Saradiya” will come… ☺☺

  

“Sarat Kaal”--the season of festivals…The mesmerizing, floating, carefree clouds & the hide and seek game of sunlight through those clouds are just flaunting… “Kaash phool “another object of nature which smoothens Bengali’s mind as it reminds us to get ready for welcoming Goddess.Ma Durga...The unprepared Goddess idols at Kumortuli,the  unfinished Pandals around the city excite us and tell us that yes Ma is coming soon..But this feeling is only better because as soon as the Festival starts, days pass like Rajdhani Express and make us sad…
Sometimes I really do feel like going to some village side area where I can enjoy a Bonedi Barir Durga Pujo…From Mahalaya to Dashami totally 10 days just watching those floating clouds and the gangs of Kaash Phool, dancing to the beats of Dhaak… just to celebrate a Complete Bangali Durga Pujo… I am very much prone to thinking, thinking and thinking. These little little instances of nature just blow my mind but unfortunately it’s impossible to spend long time over there practically…Still hope for it to happen sometimes in my Life.Anyways Let me share my Childhood Durga Puja Holidays and the scenario of the Tilottoma Mahanagari Kolkata…







I am highly fun loving girl from childhood, and I get too excited just thinking of having fun and if that is of the ultimate festive season for having fun then.”Kono kotha hobe na”...Not only me All the Bengalis do the same behavior like I do in this season, whether in West Bengal or outside anywhere in the world. The preparation starts from 2 months before the Puja and now the things are totally running fast...In everywhere from the media to magazines only about Puja Puja and Puja…Different shows based upon this and many more things.. ☺


In these long 23 years of my life I have tasted different flavors of Durga Puja …during childhood the taste was so unique which I miss much… Then people were not much concerned about pandal hopping like recent times. It has become a rage now to hop Pandals from Chaturthi to Ekadashi … Actually we Bengalis don’t want to leave this enjoyment soon. So we stretch the time from both starting and ending ☺ …In childhood Puja means long holiday of one month, several dresses from loved ones (definitely used to have competition with friends regarding this [wink]),hopping pandals with ma and papa everyday from Saptami to Dashami ☺,having a tough game competition with local friends with Gun and Cap (cracker) and humming to the tunes of Pujo numbers released by Kumar Sanu and few R.D –Asha Bengali hit adhunik songs.. Then enjoyment with relatives and all … But now neither I get long one month holiday nor have that excitement of counting dresses with friends ( kiddish)..But it doesn’t mean that I don’t take any preparations at all...Already it has been started…Puja days I spend with my family and friends… Have a jomati adda,whole night pandal hopping,eating like hell from outside [specially junk food] .. and many more..OH !! I just can’t wait .. only 17 days more…


Hey!! Bloggers those who stay outside of Kolkata and never got a chance to celebrate Durga Puja with Bengalis, I do request and invite them to come once to Kolkata and to have a glance of this world famous Grand Durga Puja… love you  Bye ….

                                                                                               ©Debarati Datta
                                                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the post and if you like it then don't forget to fill a comment and send that to me .