Monday 25 July 2016

How Yoga and Dance equally helped me to grow

Pic : Sati-Yoga


Well I am not any yogi. Neither I am any yoga teacher. I am just a simple girl who practices yoga daily. So how it started ? Like any other schools, I too had Physical Education during my class 6th, 7th and 8th. I should mention my kindergarten school too. Like every other children, I learned the Yogasanas at that tender age. But I could not make it seamlessly ever. I used to see other girls used to split very easily whenever asked in class. Even arch too & then there came TAAL - the movie & after seeing Aishwarya Rai doing arch and other asanas so effortlessly, I became mesmerized. I knew I had to learn Arch at least. So that I could match the steps with her in Ramtajogi. Later on I learned and I used to be very happy to show any of my family members that Arch is easy.


Then there came that timegrabber studies and tutions, boards and college, I lost my dance class and beside that yoga too. My body was stiff and rigid to bend upside down too. In 2011, when I resumed learning Classical Dance again, I was put into yogas by my dance teacher, my guru. I clearly remember it started with surya Namaskar and then continued with many other asanas for beginners. My body could feel the pain. My thigh muscles, joints everywhere I could sense the stiffness. Even my spine would pain.But I knew I had to do that. Beside doing Odissi Choukas and Tribhangis, I started practicing yoga for flexibility. But that was never regular then too. Once in a while I would do that.



It has been three years that I have slowly got myself into yoga on a regular basis with little duration of time. and for past two years I have been practicing yoga for 30 mins around daily morning. If you ask me, how fast have you got the effects and body flexibility, I would say it took me five years to loosen my body up. yoga can never be done in hurry nor the effects can be seen in very short span of time. You need to have patience to realize what it is doing to you. You need to stick with it. From my own experience, I can say that yoga and both dance have built me up whatever I am now. It taught me to be patient, hard working, energetic and active. Beside these it has helped me to balance in body as well as my mind and decisions. It made me super confident.Killed depressions. Pumped me up.  I gained my lost confidence back again. I learned that nothing is impossible. If you keep on bending your body day by day gradually, it will bend one day. Same like fighting with your dark circumstances, try try and one day something better you will observe. I feel that Yoga and Classical dance both have helped me to grow each day, as a better human and as an Independent human being. I feel immensely happy to see myself doing all those Yogasanas which were never ever my cup of tea and most importantly, yoga gave me the inner peace, joy and pleasure to love myself, others and the positive aura of life. That is most important to me. 



Yoga is for life. a healthy happy life. Still much to learn and much to heal.



Advanced Backbend

Natarajasana

Eka Pada Chakrasana

Chakrasana

Down Dog (Adho Mukho Sabhasana)


Be no burden, be polite, say goodbye, and say hello
Wait your turn, sit upright, go to bed now, sweet dream
Find the kind heart, rest your feet and soul
May your kind heart find the land of gold
Pay attention, say your name, listen closely, and keep warm
Gentle hands, you are brave, look at me, and carry on
All is good, I love you, you can hear me, you can call
Sing your song with ease and pride, I'll be there not far behind
Find the kind heart, rest your feet and soul
May your kind heart find the land of gold
Tell them I won
Tell them I won, your way ♪♪♪♪ - Anoushka Shankar



Posted By Debarati Datta Read about me here blogging since 2011 Copyright © Debarati Datta Privacy Policy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the post and if you like it then don't forget to fill a comment and send that to me .