Friday 28 February 2014

Astanayika .... Vasakasajja Nayika

Many of us know and many don't. Asthanayika in Natyasashtra are an integral part of Indian Classical dance and music. Saint Bharat depicted eight mental and emotional states a woman can have. All the states belong to being in romance and love. Ashtanayika is an integral part of Abhinaya in various Indian classical dance forms and it has been used in many portrait, wall art, sculpture as theme. 

I should ask prior apology for what I am going to do. I am not here to poke or hurt anyone's sentiments those who are very much involved with Natyasastra as I am a devotee of Indian classical dance and worshiper of it. Somehow after getting indulged into Abhinaya especially 'Khandita Nayika' I finished reading other seven Nayikas too. I realized that we women are ocean of sentiments and secrets. We pass through various emotional state while in love and relations. Sometimes we express but few times we don't. We suppress our grief in deepest level of heart and tolerate everything. These eight scenarios were true then and will be true universally for the rest of the time world can have. So suddenly I thought to write few poems based on the same concept one can have.

Mercy please !!  this try is just a form of expressing my influence...


Vasakasajja Nayika
[ one dressed up for Reunion ]



Mirror Mirror Mirror
tell me by chance,
will he come to me
& make the awaited romance ?

Mirror Mirror Mirror
Am I beautiful enough
to please his mind
like an aesthetic seraph ?

Tell me if I am incomplete
before he arrives
Pour me some more beauty
to give him a pleasant surprise
The blush on my cheeks,
the smile on my lips
& hallucinations of mind
are making me blind.

Mirror Mirror Mirror
let me know please !!
if the flowers are right
to offer him a greet.

Mirror Mirror Mirror
Let this wait be over
Let him come soon
& complete me like
a BLOSSOMING FULL MOON



Picture : Wikipedia
Read More : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashta_Nayika
written on 15th Jan,2014



Read the Astanayika Series here 

Posted By Debarati Datta Read about me here blogging since 2011 Copyright © Debarati Datta Privacy Policy

2 comments:

  1. You've wonderfully described her confusion and her impatience as she awaits her beloved...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you @Maniparna.. I am glad that you loved it :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading the post and if you like it then don't forget to fill a comment and send that to me .