Friday 10 February 2017

The girly Old..






So finally I have come up with some topic to write on. It has been months for me to write on some actual "Topics" because recently I was writing only some random nonsensical stuffs. Many people do inspire me to live a happy and healthy life. If anyone asks me what are my goals and plans, I say them to live happy & healthy ever and to pursue my practices on Arts. Nothing much. So there are people who constantly inspire me to live like a free bird and to love the flow of life. Because it is true that life is too short to seize its 100% ... I do follow few people on instagram and facebook who are setting examples on living a wonderful, creative and active life. Kind of spontaneity. Last month, I came up knowing a person over social media who is mind blowing. The caption came like 98 year old yoga practitioner .. and I immediately played the video and was awestruck. Her name is Tao Porchon-Lynch. What would you expect from a 98 year old ? to rest on the bed and counting the days to quit life right ?? and there she is .. like a butterfly she is young, vibrant and full of positive energy. She practices Yoga, teaches Yoga and yes she dances. I was stunned to see her dance video in America's Got Talent and in an interview she said, "I never thought anything about age. I believed sincerely and still do, that there’s nothing I cannot do. I believe that all the power in the universe is right inside me."  That was enough for me to love her and idolize her. I sincerely confess that I would love to be like her. I want to die young not old. 






Young Tao - yesteryear actress



A small intro of Tao from Wikipedia .. "Tao Porchon-Lynch (born Täo Andrée Porchon, August 13, 1918) is a yoga master and award-winning author. She discovered yoga in 1926 when she was eight years old in India and studied with Sri Aurobindo, B.K.S. Iyengar, K. Pattabhi Jois, Swami Prabhavananda, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and Dr. Roman Ostoja. She still teaches six to eight classes a week in New York, and leads programs across the globe. She is the author of two books, including her autobiography, Dancing Light: The Spiritual Side of Being Through the Eyes of a Modern Yoga Master[1], which won a 2016 IPPY Award and three 2016 International Book Awards. In the front matter endorsement, Dr. Deepak Chopra said: "One of the most acclaimed yoga teachers of our century, Tao Porchon-Lynch... is a mentor to me who embodies the spirit of yoga and is an example of Ageless Body, Timeless Mind. Like yoga, she teaches us to let go and to have exquisite awareness in every moment."
If you have never seen her please do check these videos of her. They may change your life too .. 


  






Great isn't it ? Great would be too small to describe her enthusiasm and energy. I was glad to know last year she visited Bangalore. I am eager to meet her if she is coming to Bangalore again for any Yoga workshop. Because people like her is much needed to show people that life is a bliss to live joyfully and leave the violence behind .. Love is the one thing which can nourish each and every living being ... 

love you Tao .. True that Age is just a number.. 


P.S Pictures are taken from various sources and quoted information are from Wiki. 

Posted By Debarati Datta Read about me here blogging since 2011 Copyright © Debarati Datta Privacy Policy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the post and if you like it then don't forget to fill a comment and send that to me .