Tuesday 25 December 2012

Merry Christmas Then and Now...

                                                     Merry Christmas Then and Now...


Hello Friends !!! First of all I would like to wish all of you Merry Christmas..Hope you guys enjoyed it with full of happiness and joy.I am enjoying and enjoyed too..This time my way to have fun and joy was quite different.Anyways first I will recollect the Christmas memories..so going 10 to 12 years back and then I am going to catch this time and day ..

I am born and brought up in Kolkata .. the city of joy... and like Durga Puja Christmas is also a real big and huge celebration to be celebrated. Every 25th December my parents would take me and sister to Esplanade and then St. Paul's Cathedral Church and for sure Park Street..unlike now those places used to be quite and calm and definitely used to have less crowd for which the actual charm of Christmas could be felt in a smoother way.. I still remember how Hogg Market used to dress up with lights,bulbs and colorful balls and especially Santa Claus..and special Xmas cakes from Hogg Market ??? they were just so awesome. and at last the Cathedral Church and the areas around that place used to have different ambiance... 

But that ambiance I miss now a days... The places are same,the actual tradition is remaining the same but the calmness and peace ... I don't feel it. People are much busy to show off .. and the crowds are very busy to take photos rather than feeling it.This does not mean that I am criticizing my city..It's actually kuch Zyaada hi happening hain...

Today my Xmas is going too differently and with full of joyous moments.. Actually spent whole morning alone as my parents are on vacation and my sister had to go to her work.Started my day with Christmas Carols and few romantic hit 1980's tracks..then I decorated my room with lights and laces... Then started spending my time over Facebook just to watch how my friends are celebrating this special day.It was real fun to see happiness everywhere..Even now it's 9 pm .. I am   getting all the updates from my friends.. at evening me and my sis went out nearby to roam and feel the chilled Xmas atmosphere and to order dinners for us..had Xmas cake and yes after returning home also we both prepared special items to have them in dinner.. now we will have our dinner and have some cherishing moments..

It was so different and so good today :) I wish like this everyday everyone can have smiles on their faces... Like the way I am smiling in a big manner as always I do..




                                                                                                                       ©Debarati Datta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the post and if you like it then don't forget to fill a comment and send that to me .